Press review. Friday, 22 January 2021
InfoMarket Agency presents:
* "Moldavskiye Vedomosti"
- Corneliu Ciurea: "The path of Laura Codruța Kövesi does not threaten us"
What significance for Moldova could bear the first meetings of President Maia Sandu with the heads of the EU?
- Part of the Sputnik V vaccine in Moldova will be introduced for a fee
Acting head of the Ministry of Justice commented on the situation with the coronavirus vaccine, noting that the state is obliged to provide the population with drugs not according to political aspects, but based on the proven harmlessness and effectiveness.
- Alexandru Oleinic: "We need public hearings / debates on the situation on the oil market"
The increase in the price of petroleum products has brought up the issue of pricing in respect of these products and the methodologies used.
- Figures that reflect an undeservingly harsh reality
The World Bank announced a reduction of the Gross Domestic Product in Moldova of over 7 percent, a reduction that was also registered in the estimates of the world economy, including the economy of the European Community countries.
* "Moldova Suverana"
- Is Sandu a prosecutor and a constitutionalist or a President?
"Fighting Corruption", not Country, Education and Health Project!
* "Vocea Poporului"
- The pandemic and the drought have devastated the economy
Covid-19 and this year's severe drought have hit the economy hard, with dozens of businesses on the verge of bankruptcy and poverty levels reaching alarming levels.
- Filling stations have increased fuel prices
A few weeks after the last increase, most filling stations have again increased fuel prices. In respect of gasoline, the increase reaches over 1 MDL.
* "Ekonomicheskoye obozreniye"
- The Cabinet keeps the situation under control
The first meeting of the government, chaired by the Acting Prime Minister Aureliu Ciocoi, took place on 20 January.
- Fast response of the STS
The State Tax Service has clarified the issues of taxing 3% of individuals’ bank deposits. A new provision on this issue was introduced in the Tax Code on January 1, 2021.
- Pfizer or Sputnik, vaccinations and strict quarantines. Big interview of NM with the head of WHO in Moldova (newsmaker.md)
- Failed megaproject of the Chicu Government. Moldaeroservice also leases the runway of Leadoveni Airport (mold-street.com)
- How does the Minister of Justice explain the continuous procrastination of Ilan Șor's case (agora.md)