21 applications for subsidies in advance were received in the third stage of accepting applications from agricultural producers
According to the Agency for Intervention and Payment in Agriculture (AIPA), 18 applications out of 21 were checked; the remaining 3 were rejected because they did not meet the criteria related to the drawing up and submitting applications. At the same time, after the inspection conducted by the commission, 13 cases were evaluated and selected for funding, 3 cases were declared inadmissible, and 2 more applications must be further studied by representatives of the Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Construction. Most applications for advance subsidies are submitted to stimulate investment for the creation, modernization and deforestation of perennial plantations, including vineyards and fruit plantations. Farmers also request subsidies for investments in equipment and technological upgrading of livestock farms. It is planned to create 3 new enterprises in the zoo-technical area (beekeeping, cattle breeding and raising quails). It is noted that in the third application stage, most of the requests were sent by female farmers. The share of women in the total number of applications submitted is 62% (8 applications) and 38% (5 applications) were from young farmers. According to the projects that are planned to be developed thanks to subsidies, it is planned to invest in the agricultural sector more than 11 million lei, which will create more than 50 new jobs. As InfoMarket agency reported earlier, according to the Regulation on the conditions and procedure for the provision of advance payments from the National Fund for Agricultural Development and Rural Areas, payments will be made on the basis of investment projects submitted by farmers who are starting activities in the agri-food sector and are not associated with another agricultural producer. They will be able to use this financial aid once, its maximum volume is up to 650 thousand lei. State aid can be up to 65% of the total value of the investment project, and the remaining 35% is the contribution of the beneficiary. Subsidies will be provided in 2 tranches. The first part - 75% of the subsidy amount - will be provided upon signing the contract, and the second part will be transferred upon opening a business. The term of the investment project should not exceed 24 months. After consideration and approval of the relevant commission of investment projects to be financed, the beneficiaries will have 60 days to submit documents confirming the co-financing of the project. At least 5% of the funds of the National Fund for the Development of Agriculture and Rural Areas will be allocated annually for the introduction of the advance subsidy system. // 13.06.2019 - InfoMarket.